First dates could be very exciting but the need to impress becomes paramount thereby creating anxiety. What to wear on a first date actually matters a whole lot more than we think or ever thought. Thus, we should be more strategic in our choices.
For some people, coming up with what to wear on a first date is second nature, while for some of us we have to go through a couple of wardrobe changes before deciding on what to wear.
I remember when finding the perfect outfit for a date was the second most tedious task for me to do. Do not ask me what the first is …ok because you asked nicely I will say it… the most tedious task for me to do is “reading” it is so difficult I wonder how people do it. But then again I can’t run away from it as knowledge is the only way to truly achieve success. I digress back to our topic please, back in the days I will tumble out my wardrobe just to pick the right outfit. Sometimes I had success and other times no success whatsoever, I will call and cancel giving a not so good excuse “something came up”.
As years went by I became better and better in dressing myself up, I took courses on personal image and branding, read materials online, I was constantly trying to gain knowledge on how to always look good.
No, you don’t have to take courses like me. I mean that is why I am here. following me judiciously will definitely make you know how to always look good.
With that said, there are some basic rules to follow when picking out an outfit for your date
- Firstly never get too anxious about how you will look.
- Be comfortable, wear something you can breathe in, eat in and walk in.
- Be sexy but live a little misery. Pick an asset to show off, if you have great legs show them wear something short but remember, never give too much away, show one body part at a time.
- When in doubt wear something you already know looks good on you, something you have had compliments on.
- Avoid wearing trendy clothes; try to work with your own style.
- Always know the location of your date; this will guide you on the proper outfit to wear. You don’t want to show up to a movie date with a pair of shorts and a tank top, you will probably turn into a Popsicle before leaving the theater. There are outfits for a breakfast, for lunch, dinner date and also outfit for an outdoor date so knowing the type and location of your date is a must.
- Make sure your clothes are nicely pressed and not oversized; wear something that fits.
- Try to dress to match the occasion: more formal for an evening date, but if it’s a daytime date, keep it simple.
DAYTIME DATE IDEA
Wear something casual like a jean trouser, a t-shirt, a converse footwear or flats.
A dress with a jacket is also great.
DINNER DATE IDEA
For a formal dinner, a shift dress and heels (a comfortable heel length). Skinny jeans, silk camisole, and a blazer with heels. For a casual dinner, Jean and a blouse or a t-shirt are just fine.
Check out the pictures to get inspiration for your first date.
Keep your make up simple not too simple but just enough to enhance your beauty.
Be confident and always be yourself, it will make a great first impression.
Always wear what makes you feel good, if you feel good in what you are wearing your confidence level will be high, you will look good.
Wear something that makes you feel like the best version of yourself.
Comment below what you will wear to a first date.
Next time lovelies